Back painted glass is a trending selection for a lot of residential and business purposes. Uses vary from shower wall panels to glass backsplash designs and customized bar tops. This glass presents the clean strains, recent look, and straightforward upkeep that householders and professionals need.
- 1 What Is Back Painted Glass?
- 2 What Can Back Painted Glass Be Used For?
- 2.1 Using Back Painted Glass in a Kitchen
- 2.2 Kitchen Backsplash Options
- 2.3 Back Painted Glass Rest room Installations
- 2.4 Back Painted Glass Shower Partitions
- 2.5 Back Painted Glass in Business Buildings
- 2.6 Back Painted Glass Marker Boards
- 2.7 Different Uses for Coloured Glass Panels
- 2.8 What Back Painted Glass Options Are Obtainable?
- 2.9 What Are the Benefits and Advantages of Back Painted Glass?
- 2.10 How Is Back Painted Glass Made?
- 2.11 Can I Make My Personal Back Painted Glass?
- 2.12 How Do You Set up Back Painted Glass?
- 2.13 How Much Does Back Painted Glass Value?
- 2.14 How Do You Clear Back Painted Glass?
- 2.15 Rely on Professionals for Your Subsequent Back Painted Glass Venture in Northern Virginia
- 2.16 About ABC Glass and Mirror
What Is Back Painted Glass?
Quite simply, again painted glass is ultra-clear glass that’s painted on one aspect. It is put in with the unpainted aspect dealing with outward to include each the chosen paint colour and the sheen and readability of glass. Low iron glass is used, so the paint shade comes by way of without distortion or discoloration. The thickness of the glass can range from 1/eight” to half”. It can be manufactured from each annealed and tempered glass. Finally, this glass may be adhered to quite a lot of horizontal and vertical surfaces in house and enterprise settings for a classy, modern look paired with high ranges of performance and versatility.
What Can Back Painted Glass Be Used For?
Fashionable purposes for again painted glass embrace kitchen, toilet, business, and more. It’s cropping up in office complexes, customized houses, and dwelling area makeovers as increasingly more People grow to be aware of its beauty and practical advantages. This glass is durable sufficient to be used in household houses with a excessive finish look that makes it equally appropriate for company board rooms.
Using Back Painted Glass in a Kitchen
Cooks love again painted glass as a result of it’s not stained by spills and splatters and is straightforward to wash and sanitize. In kitchen settings, it is used to create:
- Seamless or almost seamless backsplashes free of grout strains
- Custom glass table tops
- Trendy bar tops
- Kitchen island tops
You’ll be able to embrace it in your new or renovated kitchen or use it to freshen up dated area. Replacing your backsplash or a bar/island prime with this glass instantly modernizes your kitchen with out the expense of a serious rework.
Kitchen Backsplash Options
The glass backsplash is among the hottest of those kitchen purposes. Glaziers custom minimize a number of giant coloured glass panels for a seamless or near seamless backsplash. This look is clean and modern and really straightforward to look after; no more stained grout strains! A back painted glass backsplash can also be a vibrant design aspect. It will possibly protect a impartial palette or be a car for including shade to your dwelling area.
Back Painted Glass Rest room Installations
Back painted glass can also be a superb match for toilet installations as a result of it withstands moisture, is straightforward to sanitize, and looks superb with the glass, metallic, and porcelain typically utilized in loos. Rest room makes use of embrace:
- Shower wall panels
- Glass backsplash
- Toilet glass wall panels
Integrating this glass into a toilet can shortly enhance its ambiance and take its fashion from conventional to transitional.
See Additionally: The best way to Use Back Painted Glass Wall Panels in Your Rest room
Back Painted Glass Shower Partitions
Select again painted glass on your bathe glass panel needs and make your enclosure both fashionable and practical. The graceful, seamless look of those shower wall panels is the right pairing with frameless glass showers. Glass bathe wall panels may be ordered in a impartial shade that blends in with the other partitions, or they will introduce a vivid burst of shade. Keep in mind to avoid installing glass bathe walls in areas the place you will want to connect hinges, drill holes, and so forth., as it will cause the glass to crack. One various to using glass shower wall panels throughout is to create an accent wall by putting in one piece of colored glass within the shower.
Back Painted Glass in Business Buildings
In business settings, glaziers make desk tops, glass wall panels, room dividers, and whiteboards from back painted glass. This glass is right for the enterprise world due to its crisp edges, clear strains, and straightforward to scrub floor. Furthermore, since colour matching is obtainable, glass professionals can even present glass in a company’s emblem colours for workplace décor that enhances branding.
Back Painted Glass Marker Boards
One use of again painted glass that deserves particular mention is a whiteboard. When a white piece of this glass is adhered to a wall, it immediately becomes both a contemporary wall hanging and a straightforward to wash whiteboard. This software is perfect for workplace area, assembly rooms, ready areas, faculty rooms, and homes.
Different Uses for Coloured Glass Panels
There are tons of prospects for utilizing again painted glass wall panels. Walls may be utterly coated for a vibrant, futuristic ambiance. Alternatively, totally different coloured glass panels could be tastefully arranged to create trendy wall artwork. Whether or not its use is primarily practical or aesthetic, back painted glass is a durable wall overlaying that’s straightforward to take care of.
What Back Painted Glass Options Are Obtainable?
One purpose back painted glass is common is its ease of customization. Glass clients can sometimes choose:
- Measurement – Prospects range from giant sheets of glass to small panels.
- Colour – There isn’t a restriction on the paint colours that can be utilized to create this glass. For example, ABC shoppers can select stock white again painted glass or request a special order or custom shade. Black and gray glass is accessible inside days. If a customized shade is requested, we’ll ask for the paint manufacturer identify, the color identify, and the color code to make sure an accurate match.
- Edgework – Polished, beveled, and seamed edges are available from ABC. “Polished” refers to an edge that has been machine polished. Beveled glass is reduce so that its complete perimeter slants downward and ends in a skinny polished edge. A seamed edge is shaped by simply sanding down the sharp corners for protected dealing with. This is often solely used for framed glass.
- Thickness – Back painted glass is often 1/four”, however it may be as skinny as 1/eight” or as thick as 1/2”.
ABC Glass and Mirror gives these back painted glass variations so that shoppers can obtain the specified seems for his or her tasks.
What Are the Benefits and Advantages of Back Painted Glass?
Residence improvers and business builders choose back painted glass for its a number of engaging qualities. It is versatile, coordinating with many décor types and themes. Upon installation, this glass instantly provides a space recent, up-to-date vibes. It is a sturdy, washer-friendly various to painted drywall for walls in excessive use/excessive visitors areas. Key advantages embrace:
- Limitless colors: Many glass corporations, including ABC, supply customized shade matching, so you possibly can literally order your back painted glass in any shade you choose.
- Hygienic: These glass wall panels don’t take in germs, grow to be saturated with cooking grease, or fall victim to mildew infestations, and they are straightforward to wash and disinfect.
- Durable: Our again painted glass is manufactured to retain its magnificence with time and regular use. In contrast to wallpaper, it’s a wall overlaying that won’t peel or stain.
- Pure coloration: Using low iron glass ensures that your chosen colour will shine via clearly.
- Tailored to customer wants: Back painted glass may be fabricated to varied specifications and put in on numerous horizontal and vertical surfaces.
How Is Back Painted Glass Made?
On a primary degree, all back painted glass is made by applying paint to at least one aspect of a bit of glass. Nevertheless, careful methods, special paint, and expert craftsmanship are wanted for the creation of a product that gives the specified appearance, performance, and durability. Back painted glass from ABC is created via a 5 step course of:
- Low iron glass is rigorously cleaned for a floor free of any overseas particles.
- The again of the glass is painted.
- The painted glass is placed in a special oven where the warmth cures the paint. It’s taken out of the oven at just the best time: when the paint is tough sufficient to resist peeling and versatile sufficient to resist chipping.
- A protecting coating is applied to the again, over the paint, to guard the product and ensure the integrity of the coloration.
- The completed glass is warmth treated again to bond all three layers and get rid of any future outgassing of VOCs.
Can I Make My Personal Back Painted Glass?
Householders may marvel about making again painted glass a DIY challenge. To achieve glass that retains its colour, has paint that does not chip or peel, and maintains uniform coloring throughout, it’s vital to use special paint, precise methods, and correct set up practices. Furthermore, coloured glass panels are typically heavy and cumbersome, so there’s a real danger of breaking them for those who would not have the right tools and transport methods. Backside line: this can be a undertaking that’s usually greatest carried out by glass professionals. The money you make investments once you work with a painted glass company gets you glass that is professionally manufactured, fabricated, and put in for a completed product with a high-end look that may final.
How Do You Set up Back Painted Glass?
Back painted glass is often permanently adhered to a wall utilizing an ultra-strong glue often known as mastic. The mastic is utilized to the wall in globs, and the glass is then pressed onto it. Using suction cups to hold the glass, glaziers slowly and gently regulate the back painted glass panel until it’s completely positioned. Additionally they rigorously work the glass into place in order that it’s degree and plumb. All this becomes a increasingly delicate operation when giant or awkwardly shaped glass wall panels are concerned. Sheets of glass additionally have to be supported from under. If they don’t relaxation on a flooring or counter, L-bar will probably be put in at the desired peak. This can be a skinny metallic monitor that’s principally invisible as soon as the glass is glued in place.
When back painted glass is used for a horizontal floor, there are several installation prospects. At occasions, a sheet of glass is just set atop an present table prime or bar prime. It can be glued down if this is most popular. Additionally, a customer can opt for a again painted glass prime that does not sit on another surface however serves as a table, bar, or island prime in its own right. On this case, tempered glass might be used and will probably be adhered to the legs/base with applicable fasteners and spacers.
How Much Does Back Painted Glass Value?
Your again painted glass value sometimes depends upon the dimensions and number of items you want as well as the chosen colour. With ABC Glass and Mirror, for instance, the worth point begins at $43+ per sq. foot for our stock white again painted glass, and this worth consists of professional set up. Our group can present worth quotes for specific sizes and different colour choices.
How Do You Clear Back Painted Glass?
Back painted glass must be cleaned commonly, especially whether it is used as a backsplash or kitchen surface. In many instances, all you’ll have to do is wipe the glass with a dry or damp paper towel. Hardened meals and the like may be rigorously eliminated utilizing a single sided razor blade. Greatest practices for cleansing your glass with out damaging it embrace:
- Avoid utilizing scratchy brushes or pads.
- Apply glass cleaner to a material, sponge, or paper towel somewhat than spraying it on the glass instantly.
- Avoid harsh cleansing agents that would scratch the floor of the glass.
A seamless glass backsplash makes cleaning straightforward with no grout strains and an impermeable surface that may be shortly sanitized.
Rely on Professionals for Your Subsequent Back Painted Glass Venture in Northern Virginia
Should you’re occupied with using back painted glass in your residential or business undertaking, name ABC Glass and Mirror at (703)257-7150 to study extra. We might be comfortable to give you a free, no-obligation consultation.
About ABC Glass and Mirror
We are a family owned and operated company that may strategy your glass challenge with the diligence and thoughtfulness it deserves. Customized glass installations are our specialty, and we’ll assist you combine glass into your interior design in the best way that works for your family or enterprise.